I am pleased to inform you that Alice Jenkinson has taken on the role of Club Rowing Safety Adviser (CRSA) commencing 9 November 2016.
Her role is primarily to advise the Captain and the Club Committee on all things affecting safety on the water, so that the right steps can be taken to keep members and other river users safe, and to keep the reputation of our Club on the Tideway intact.
Once again, many thanks to Ken Williams who has held the role for many years, but stood down in September. Along with support from Keith Mahony some of the notable improvements we have seen come into effect are:
– raising the profile of safety and the importance of personal responsibility;
– the establishment of the mandatory Authorised Steers Accreditation System;
– the implementation of the booking out/in system to track member and boat whereabouts;
– the completion of the British Rowing annual audit and risk assessment.
– giving advice and training to the members regarding steering and safety matters
– ensuring that the equipment adheres to safety standards.
Not to mention the communication of the many relevant notices from the PLA and others which help us stay informed, increasing your awareness and reducing your risk when you go out on the river.
Alice can be contacted for club safety matters at email@example.com